34 Wallbridge Loyalist Road, Belleville, ON
613-968-4673  •  Email Us

Tune into CJBQ 800 AM to listen live on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:25 AM for Featured Pets and other great information about QHS proudly sponsored by CJBQ, the station that cares about community!


Back to News
Meet Auk!


๐Ÿ—ฃ Please welcome Auk to the stage!

Auk was born in April, her mom arrived in care very pregnant and after delivering 4 healthy kittens she went in for an emergency spay. Unfortunately, mom did not survive surgery and this litter of wee kittens was hand raised by one of our dedicated Animal Care Attendants. At only 3 days old they were syringe fed every 2 hours around the clock.

Fast-forward through time and the “Arctic Crew” are now 7 months old and are waiting patiently to find their forever homes.

๐ŸŽ€ Auk is a lovely black a kitten with a small patch of white on her chest. She takes time adjusting to new experiences but once she’s comfortable with her people, the BIG personality that lives in her LITTLE body shines through. She is very playful and makes sure each day is ๐Ÿพ 80% play. The other 20% is spent snuggling with the people she trusts. Auk knows the cues when her foster mom is winding down in the evening and this means it’s snuggle time. This sweet gal is ready to bond with a family of her very own, she would be most successful in a home with no children, or older children (12+)

๐Ÿ€ Her new family should be patient and understanding during her transition. She’s only ever been exposed to a handful of people and this will be a big change for her.She is very young, and impressionable and we’re certain with time and patience Auk will love you with her whole kitten heart. She must go to a home with another feline friend, she LOVES other cats and this will ensure she always has a partner to groom, and play ๐Ÿงถ with.

She has been spayed, vaccinated and dewormed. Auk should remain on a quality kibble in her forever home, and continue receiving probiotics every day. This isn’t a tall order, just a sprinkle of powder on her dry food to help maintain healthy gut flora. (cost= .50 cents per day)

๐Ÿ˜ Please give us a call to learn more about Auk! She can’t wait to hear the news that we have a family interested in meeting her!


Wish list items: non clumping cat litter, canned pate cat and kitten food, martingale collars, leashes and slip leads for the dogs in care.

โค Thank you for your continued support!