The Pat Culhane Legacy Circle
In recognition of her longstanding passion for the community and animals in need, the Quinte Humane Society is honoured to name its legacy program The Pat Culhane Legacy Circle.
Why leave a legacy gift to QHS?
A legacy gift in your Will will make a lasting difference for the animals in need throughout Hastings and Prince Edward County. Your thoughtful and charitable gift will:
- Provide the resources to care for thousands of injured, abandoned, neglected and abused animals.
- Ensure all animals at QHS receive full medical attention, vaccinations and are spayed or neutered.
- Return lost pets to their loving families.
- Find forever homes for hundreds of companion animals each year.
- Educate the public about responsible pet ownership, prevention of abuse and promote a healthy relationship with companion animals.
- Ensure QHS is able to provide a welcoming and safe home for the animals by building a new Centre in three Phases:
- Animal Care and Adoption Centre, and Mobile Clinic;
- Community and Education Centre; and
- On-site Medical Clinic.
Creating a Legacy for QHS is easy:
- Ask for Advice. Make sure the decision to give is right for you and discuss your wishes with your family. Ask your financial advisor whether to give a specific amount, a percentage, or the residue of your estate as well as which gift(s) will provide the most tax benefits for your estate: cash, bonds, stocks, mutual funds, a life insurance policy, RRSP, RRIF or personal property.
- Talk to your Lawyer. Instruct your lawyer to add a clause in your Will or add a codicil to your existing Will that establishes your bequest gift to QHS.
- Share with QHS. If you are comfortable, tell us about your bequest. We would like to thank you, welcome you to The Pat Culhane Legacy Circle (unless anonymity is preferred) and make sure we understand how to fulfill your philanthropic wishes.
It’s not the size of the gift that counts!
Any amount is a very thoughtful and generous way to change the misfortune of a companion animal. Each gift is treated with the utmost care and respect. QHS can also help you plan the best way to maximize your future gift.
To learn more, contact: J-C D’Amours at Quinte Humane Society