34 Wallbridge Loyalist Road, Belleville, ON
613-968-4673  •  Email Us

How to Report Animal Cruelty or Neglect

Call the Provincial Offence Line 1-833-926-4625, Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or the Police.

To report a suspected situation involving an animal that may be abused, neglected or in distress please call directly to the numbers above.

You will need the following information for the records, but all calls are in the strictest confidence.  Your name will not be disclosed without your permission.  Please have ready the following information:

  • Your name, address and telephone number so that we can call you back if need be.
  • Date, time and address of the offense.
  • A vehicle license plate if involved.  Use your cell phone and take a picture if possible.

We at the QHS understand that sometimes it is hard to make this call, but please remember that the animal is counting on you to help change their situation.  We often work with the offender with education and concern first.  Laying charges is our last resort.

Distress as defined in the OSPCA Act:

"Distress" means the state of being in need of proper care, water, food or shelter; or being injured, sick or in pain, or suffering; or being abused or subject to undue or unnecessary hardship, privation or neglect.

This applies to all animals – domestic , farm and wildlife.